Microdermabrasion – spring clean for your skin
Microdermabrasion gives your skin a new lease of life, removing dead skin cels and revealing its true beauty.
Diamond Microdermabrasion skin resurfacing is a really effective aesthetic skin treatment that helps to improve the appearance of wrinkles, smooths skin texture and evens out colour.
It works by removing the upper layer of your skin, along with any dead skin cells, and leaving the lower layer, which is naturally newer, softer and plumper. Skin resurfacing also stimulates the elastic tissue that’s under your skin’s surface, which makes it look healthier and firmer.
Diamond microdermabrasion is a completely non-invasive, pain-free treatment that’s been available for many years. It’s popular because as well as having noticeable results, it doesn’t need any recovery time afterwards. It’s an ideal way to give your skin a fresher and more youthful appearance, reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles and generally ‘perking your face up’.
The number of treatments you’ll need depends on your skin type and condition. Results are gradual but most people say that their skin looks and feels softer and smoother after just one treatment.
Becky carries out the microdermabrasion treatments at Bare Essentials, and before your treatment she’ll carry out a consultation and recommend a course length. If you want a one-off session we can also book you in for a session as a special treat – it’s like a hi-tech deep clean for your skin!
What does Diamond Microdermabrasion help with?
- Acne and acne scarring
- Fine lines, wrinkles and ageing skin
- Dull, tired skin
- Uneven skin tone
- Dry and dehydrated skin
- Pigmentation and blemishes
- Stretch marks
How many treatments will I need?
We recommend a course of eight, however Becky will talk this through with you following your initial consultation. People with acne or acne scarring might need more treatments and we recommend a monthly maintenance treatment after each course has finished helping maintain the results achieved. You can have a treatment every 7-10 days. Most clients would replace this treatment with a normal facial each month.
Are there any reasons I couldn’t have this treatment?
- If you’re pregnant, have cancer, grade four acne, are on medication for acne, have an auto immune disease, diabetes, impetigo or rosacea we won’t be able to treat you with microdermabrasion because these are all major contraindications for this treatment.
- If you have very sensitive skin we recommend a patch test 24 hours before the treatment.
- Children under 16 would need a parent’s consent.
What is the aftercare advice?
- For 12 hours after the treatment we advise that you don’t wear any makeup unless it’s mineral based.
- For up to 24 hours, avoid swimming, facials or waxing.
- For up to 72 hours, avoid anti-ageing creams especially with AHAs, Glycols or Retinol. You can use E45, Aqueous cream or skincare suitable for sensitive skin.
- Do not exfoliate.
- Skin care products that contain essential oils can also cause an allergic reaction after treatment, so it’s best to avoid them too.
- Express 30 minute facial treatment £40
1/2 back treatment £40
Full back treatment £60
One hour treatment – including back massage, mask and shoulder massage £55
One hour treatment including a collagen mask £80
Microdermabrasion with LED light therapy £60